Being an author
- All authors of a single manuscript are not required to communicate to the journal editor.
- The copyright form should be sent by the corresponding author only.
- The corresponding author is accountable for coordination between the journal and all co-authors of the submitted manuscript before and after publication.
- The corresponding author has to report any alterations made before publication.
- For changes in the authorship sequence, the addition or deletion of authors from the list requires approval from all authors, including ones being terminated.
- The copyright statement requires the authors to declare that they will abide by the authorship sequence and that the affiliations mentioned are accurate and approve the manuscript submission to the Pakistan Journal of Cardiovascular Intervention.
- The authorship sequence should be formed in accordance with the level of individual contribution made to the submitted manuscript.
- Authors are supposed to resolve potential disputes regarding the sequence of authorship; however, if the matter escalates, it must be communicated to the editors.
- Pakistan Journal of Cardiovascular Intervention follows Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) guidelines to resolve instances of disputes between the authors before and after the publication of the journal.
- Once the submission has been made, the corresponding author is accountable for the submitted manuscript in order to guarantee the originality of the content.
Author contributions statements
Authors are advised to include a statement of contribution in the manuscript. The statement must include details of their contribution to the formation of the submitted manuscript, keeping the manuscript category and individual or group work in mind.
Corresponding Author - Prepublication responsibilities
The corresponding author is in charge of any and all communication with the journal about the submission of the manuscript and publication process as its core responsibility. The corresponding author must confirm that all authors are mentioned in the authors' list prior to the final submission. He/She must verify that the authors have acknowledged and approved the sequence of the authors. The corresponding author must confirm that all of the journal's administrative standards are met, and the manuscript is not under consideration or perhaps published already.
Corresponding Author - Responsibilities after acceptance
After multiple rounds of review and editing, the final copy-proof is sent to the corresponding author, and it is now the corresponding author's responsibility to distribute or circulate the copy proof among other co-authors and coordinate with the journal on their behalf. The corresponding author must ensure that the list of names, spellings, addresses and affiliations mentioned are accurate and relevant to all the co-authors.
The Pakistan Journal of Cardiovascular Intervention criteria suggests that contributors whose names are not mentioned in the authors’ list are to be included with details of their contributions in the acknowledgment section at the end of the manuscript.
Alteration to authorship or contributorship
Before publication, it is possible to make alterations in the list of authors and contributors; any changes in order, addition or deletion of specific people can be entertained if the request is approved by all authors. The editor must be contacted regarding the potential alterations and has the responsibility to further confirm with authors to ensure everyone's approval of the change requests.
The editor may consider requests for changes in authorship after the manuscript's acceptance, in exceptional circumstances. However, the publication of the manuscript will be temporarily suspended.
In case of authorship conflicts that arise after publication, the Pakistan Journal of Cardiovascular Intervention follows Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) guidelines for disagreement between the authors before and after publication.
A confidential process
Pakistan Journal of Cardiovascular Intervention always seeks to protect the identities as well as communication between its authors and reviewers. Likewise, we require the authors to also respect the confidentiality of the manuscript before its publication, and the authors are also expected to keep review reports and other relevant material secure. The manuscript will be rejected in case the documents are publicized without obtaining permission.
Suggestions for the selective reviewers are entertained, but only the editors will determine peer-reviewers for the manuscript.
Raw and the metadata files
The Authors are directed to maintain the confidentiality of the unedited files of the submitted manuscript, even the raw and the metadata files, as they may be requested for the evaluation process of the manuscript (even after acceptance). The evaluation and publication process can be prolonged or delayed if data files are misplaced.