Peer Review Policy
Peer Review Model
Pakistan Journal of Cardiovascular Intervention offers a double-blind peer review policy for every publication submitted so that the confidentiality of the author and reviewer is maintained in the entire process. Any and all sorts of conflicts of interest must be mentioned in the cover letter. Authors are advised to acknowledge all contributors, but in doing so, they must ensure that their confidentiality and personal details must only be included in the cover letter to maintain the blind peer review policy.
To ensure timely publications, the reviewers are required to respond within the deadline assigned for the review of the respective manuscript. If delays are to occur, reviewers are supposed to communicate it to the journal editor so that the status regarding the manuscript can be extended to the authors, and other alternatives can be opted by the staff editors.
The manuscripts submitted in the Pakistan Journal of Cardiovascular Intervention are reviewed by the staff editors. Thereafter papers that meet the editorial criteria proceed for formal review. Papers remarked by the editors as being of insufficient details or perhaps are inappropriate are rejected promptly without being reviewed externally or, in some cases is sent back to the author for the amendments.
Reviewers are considered to be core professionals in the peer-review process. The editorial decision is determined by the remarks of the reviewers. Once the article meets the internal standards, the editorial board assigns eligible reviewers for the peer-review process. The particular reviewer selected is based on the relevance of the article to the area of specialization of the reviewer; however, the reputation, record and past experience of the Pakistan Journal of Cardiovascular Intervention with the particular reviewer is equally as important.
- The journal has a strict policy of blind peer review process, which therefore requires the reviewers to treat the article under process with confidentiality.
- The reviewers are supposed to offer their expert opinion about various elements of the manuscript under consideration for publication, including areas such as study design, methodology, statistical analysis and other relevant technical elements.
- The reviewer should evaluate the fundamental findings of the study by critically analyzing and drawing comparisons with existing literature on similar research topics. The results of regional studies should be analyzed by adopting a much broader context in order to accurately generalize the outcome of the study.
- Even though the relevance of the references is the responsibility of authors, reviewers have to do a detailed and thorough check to assure that the references listed comply with the guidelines of the Pakistan Journal of Cardiovascular Interventions and are stated clearly.
- Apart from the technicalities of the content, the reviewers should also focus on more general concerns like language, whether it is understandable for non-technical professionals, whether the authors have dealt with the topic rationally or not, whether authors have provided an elaborate background of the study, etc.
- The standard time to review the paper is three weeks. The reviewers should follow the stated deadlines and submit the review in a timely manner.
If the reviewer fails to keep up the commitment, the editorial board possesses the authority to exclude him/her from the panel of the Pakistan Journal of Cardiovascular Interventions without any prior notice.
Peer Review Policy for Editors, Employees, or Editorial Board Members
Pakistan Journal of Cardiovascular Intervention has a standard peer-review policy for reviewers, authors and editors submitting their work to the journal.
Guide to Reviewers
A general peer-review policy for PJCVI is available here.
Online manuscript review
We strongly encourage referees to submit their comments via our online submission system.
Criteria for Publication
The experiments performed and statistical analyses should comply with the technical standards of the journal and must be explained clearly, and sufficient details must be provided.
On submission, the editorial staff of, Pakistan Journal of Cardiovascular Interventions thoroughly monitor the manuscripts. If the editorial criteria are met, it is then sent for formal review. Those papers that are inadequate or inappropriate are rejected quickly without external review or sent back to the author for revision. Manuscripts that qualify are then sent to potential reviewers. The editors then make a decision on the following possibilities:
- Accept, with or without editorial revisions.
- Accept, but indicate to the authors that further work might justify a resubmission.
- Reject, typically on the grounds of significant technical and/or interpretational problems.
Reviewers are the key in this process. The whole decision of the editorial board depends on the reviewer’s report. The selection of the reviewer not only depends on the relevance of the article to the expertise of the reviewer but also the reputation and past experience of the Pakistan Journal of Cardiovascular Intervention with the respective reviewer.
Duties of Reviewers
Peer review assists the editorial board in making editorial decisions and also helps the authors in improving the manuscript.
If a referee feels that he cannot do justice to a particular manuscript that has been assigned to him for review or he/she is unable to provide a quick review, he should inform the editor and excuse himself from the review process.
The reviewers must maintain the confidentiality of the manuscript. As per policy, it should not be discussed or shown to anybody other than people authorized by editor in chief.
Standards of Objectivity
Accurate reviews should be done, and personal criticism of the author is not entertained at any level. Moreover, Supporting arguments should be presented by the reviewers.
Acknowledgment of Sources
Reviewers should inform the editor immediately if he finds any resemblance between manuscripts that are being reviewed and any other published paper of which they have any idea.
Acknowledgment of the Reviewers
A printed copy of the journal (particular issue) comprises the names of reviewers selected for the Review Board. No monetary benefits are offered to the reviewers. It is not possible to put the names of reviewers on our website.
Pakistan Journal of Cardiovascular Intervention follows a policy of blind review.
If you are an associated staff member submitting an article, it will not impact the review process and the editorial board's decisions.
Become a Reviewer
Pakistan Journal of Cardiovascular Intervention is open to adding new peer reviewers. If you are willing to volunteer as a reviewer, please register online to be added to our database. Create an account with keywords specific to your field of interest to show up in our database search with respect to that specific area.