Peer Review Policy
Peer Review Model
Pakistan Journal of Cardiovascular Intervention offers a double-blind peer review policy for every publication submitted so that the confidentiality of the author and reviewer is maintained in the entire process. Any and all sorts of conflicts of interest must be mentioned in the cover letter. Authors are advised to acknowledge all contributors, but in doing so, they must ensure that their confidentiality and personal details must only be included in the cover letter to maintain the blind peer review policy.
To ensure timely publications, the reviewers are required to respond within the deadline assigned for the review of the respective manuscript. If delays are to occur, reviewers are supposed to communicate it to the journal editor so that the status regarding the manuscript can be extended to the authors, and other alternatives can be opted by the staff editors.
The manuscripts submitted in the Pakistan Journal of Cardiovascular Intervention are reviewed by the staff editors. Thereafter papers that meet the editorial criteria proceed for formal review. Papers remarked by the editors as being of insufficient details or perhaps are inappropriate are rejected promptly without being reviewed externally or, in some cases is sent back to the author for the amendments.
Reviewers are considered to be core professionals in the peer-review process. The editorial decision is determined by the remarks of the reviewers. Once the article meets the internal standards, the editorial board assigns eligible reviewers for the peer-review process. The particular reviewer selected is based on the relevance of the article to the area of specialization of the reviewer; however, the reputation, record and past experience of the Pakistan Journal of Cardiovascular Intervention with the particular reviewer is equally as important.
- The journal has a strict policy of blind peer review process, which therefore requires the reviewers to treat the article under process with confidentiality.
- The reviewers are supposed to offer their expert opinion about various elements of the manuscript under consideration for publication, including areas such as study design, methodology, statistical analysis and other relevant technical elements.
- The reviewer should evaluate the fundamental findings of the study by critically analyzing and drawing comparisons with existing literature on similar research topics. The results of regional studies should be analyzed by adopting a much broader context in order to accurately generalize the outcome of the study.
- Even though the relevance of the references is the responsibility of authors, reviewers have to do a detailed and thorough check to assure that the references listed comply with the guidelines of the Pakistan Journal of Cardiovascular Interventions and are stated clearly.
- Apart from the technicalities of the content, the reviewers should also focus on more general concerns like language, whether it is understandable for non-technical professionals, whether the authors have dealt with the topic rationally or not, whether authors have provided an elaborate background of the study, etc.
- The standard time to review the paper is three weeks. The reviewers should follow the stated deadlines and submit the review in a timely manner.
If the reviewer fails to keep up the commitment, the editorial board possesses the authority to exclude him/her from the panel of the Pakistan Journal of Cardiovascular Interventions without any prior notice.
Peer Review Policy for Editors, Employees, or Editorial Board Members
Pakistan Journal of Cardiovascular Intervention has a standard peer-review policy for reviewers, authors and editors submitting their work to the journal.